from today, switching mobile network is even easier
Updated: 23rd September August 2021
Changing mobile network can seem a bit daunting. You want to do right by people and planet, but you don’t know where to start!
But it’s actually really easy.
There are a couple of free numbers you can text to find out when your contract is coming to an end and how to switch network.
how do i change mobile network?
To switch mobile network, you need to either:
- Get a PAC code – to switch mobile network and keep your existing number
- Get a STAC code – to cancel your contract with your existing network and get a new number with a new network
what has changed?
Previously you had to go through the hassle of phoning your existing network and requesting a code. Now you can simply send a text and get a response in 60 seconds.
what do the text numbers do?
- Text ‘INFO’ to 85075 to find out your contract expiry date and how much any early termination charge would be
- Text ‘PAC’ to 65075 to get your PAC code. This lets you switch network and keep your existing mobile number.
- Text ‘STAC’ to 75075 to get your STAC code. This lets you end your contract with your existing network.
They’re all free to text!
how much does it cost to send a text?
Texts are free and make no immediate changes to your existing contract.
how long does it take?
60 seconds (to receive a text response).
If you use your PAC or STAC code, you will automatically terminate your existing contract the same day that your new contract starts. Easy!
who can use quickswitch?
Anyone with a UK mobile contract. It doesn’t matter if you’re on a pay monthly plan, pay as you go, or a SIM only plan.
If you’re on a minimum term plan (normally 24 months in the UK) you will need to pay an early termination fee to cancel your contract or move to a new network. If you’re on pay as you go, you will lose any existing credit when you switch.
If you’re a business or have multiple numbers on your account, you’ll need to chat to your existing network. Need a hand? Chat to Jag, email@example.com, he’ll be happy to help you out.
Got questions still? No worries! Tap the customer chat box in the bottom right hand corner and speak to a member of our team in under 30 seconds.